The experienced Doublejump Management is looking to start 2019 by finding active, committed and skilful games journalists to join the team and contribute editorials, feature articles and reviews to our much-loved, always-growing project.
The revived and re-imagined Doublejump is an independent Australian publication that provides top-quality coverage of the video game industry through exploratory feature articles and editorials, industry interviews, convenient news Digests and thoughtful, insightful reviews. Our staff is an eclectic mix of enthusiasts who play everything from multiplayer shooters to JRPGs and mobile MOBAs, and have all come together to celebrate the love of the wonderful video game industry.
Although Doublejump is an Australian publication, we are open to accepting applications from writers located around the world. For logistical. reasons, we are also only accepting applications from those over the age of 18.
What you will be asked to do:
Should your application be successful, you will be brought into our team as a Staff Contributor; your role will involve producing content for the publication and helping us to grow its community. Your responsibilities within this role include:
- Research, write and submit regular articles for publication exclusively on Doublejump;
- Participate in our “Multiplayer” collaborative features each month;
- Engage with our community on both social media and our Discord server;
- Promote your content – as well as that of your colleagues – as much as possible in order to reach new audiences; and
- Maintain an open line of communication between yourself and the Management at all times.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- An extremely strong grasp of the written English language;
- Extensive knowledge and genuine passion for the video game industry;
- The ability and desire to parlay this knowledge and passion into regular content production.
- The ability to meet deadlines and work independently;
- A positive and open approach to working as part of a team;
- A proactive attitude and friendly personality; and
- The willingness to participate as an active member of our growing community.
Prior experience as a writer or journalist is not a requirement of the role, but will obviously be looked upon favourably.
What we’ll provide you:
- Plenty of opportunities to build your experience within this industry;
- Professional-quality journalistic training to build and improve your skills;
- An understanding, accommodating and collaborative work environment;
- A beautifully-designed, regularly-maintained home for your work;
- Review and preview codes whenever we can get our hands on them; and
- A Management team that is always committed to growing Doublejump and making it the pre-eminent voice in the Australian video game industry!
How to apply:
If you think you fit the above description and you’d like to join our staff, please fill out our simple application form and we’ll be in touch! Please note that due to the volume of applications we receive, we will only be contacting successful applicants.